Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Anaheim during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Eco Fresh HVAC Inc. will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Eco Fresh HVAC Inc. at 714-855-1717 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.