Summer weather in Anaheim can be rough. But you don’t have to choose between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility costs. We’ve assembled some tips to make it simple.
The best thing you can do to stay comfy and sustain energy efficiency is by tending to your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® recommends keeping your system operating reliably and efficiently, and Eco Fresh HVAC Inc. is here to help. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll complete the following tasks recommended by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to be sure there’s safe operation of your system and the possibility of a longer lifecycle for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as required. Dirty coils require your system to operate harder to do its job.
- Check system controls to be sure of correct and safe operation.
- Check refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to assure accurate system airflow.
Another key to staying cool is routinely inspecting your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter may raise energy bills and damage your equipment, which may lead to premature failure. Our Eco Fresh HVAC Inc. professionals will check these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to take a look at the manufacturer’s recommendations to make your own schedule to change them out.
Here are a handul of other tips to keep your home comfy and energy-efficient:
- Check thermostat settings to be sure your air conditioner keeps you cool when you are home and saves energy while you are not around.
- If it’s cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let the night air cool your home for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to trap the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Utilize fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a little higher than you routinely would without feeling any changes in your comfort level.
- Another type of fan people seem to forget about when they’re attempting to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Be sure to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to get rid of the heat and humidity from your bathroom.
- Work to not leave lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven add heat into your home, but even normal activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like additional ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give Eco Fresh HVAC Inc. at call at 714-855-1717 or request an appointment with us online.