With warmer weather nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at its best, it can cut a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could drastically raise your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Eco Fresh HVAC Inc. professional complete air conditioning service
at least annually is crucial to keeping your system working at its best for a long time. He or she can ensure the unit is working correctly and can identify potential concerns before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might hurt your system and leave you needing large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area around your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they might obstruct airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
During the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or changed during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also ensure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you have a comfortable home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer offers. Give the experts at Eco Fresh HVAC Inc. a call at 714-855-1717.