Maintaining your heat pump
is essential to keeping it functioning well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Anaheim winter. If you already called Eco Fresh HVAC Inc. for your annual check-up, you’re absolutely ahead of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Give us a call at 714-855-1717 to get one on the calendar.
There are many easy things you can do in between professional servicing to improve the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it operating in tip top shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t highlight this enough: check your filters often and clean or replace them when suggested. This is such a straightforward way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and maintain peak efficiency.
- Determine if your coils and fans are clear for ideal airflow. Decreased airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can injure your system’s compressor.
- Certify that your supply and return registers are exposed and clear.
- If plants have budded up near your outdoor unit or litter has accumulated, be sure to clean the area.
- Test your thermostat regularly to guarantee that it’s functioning correctly. Simply turn it on and gently lift the temperature setting until your heat pump switches on. If it doesn’t turn on, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair or additional thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more thoughts on DIY furnace maintenance or to schedule a tune-up with one of our pros, call Eco Fresh HVAC Inc. at 714-855-1717 or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!